Want to have a conversation that really matters? As a Good Samaritan Hospice Admission Nurse you will have the opportunity to bring comfort, compassion and quality care to patients and families when they need it most. You will experience the uplifting feeling of putting minds at ease as you introduce families to hospice services and become their “superhero in scrubs” by managing their immediate needs and offering assurance that we will support them each step of the way. If you are looking for a nursing experience that will have a profound impact on the lives of others, this is the position for you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide visits to patients & families to share information about hospice and review & complete admissions forms.
- Assess a patients needs and complete the intake/admission process for hospice service, including a plan of care & medication list.
- Complete admission sign-up paperwork & submit in a timely & accurate manner in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Coordinate & communicate patient’s physical or medical condition to the IDT and report on newly admitted patients.
- Current Virginia State Board of Nursing License
- One year experience in hospice or home health requiring admitting of patients.
- Ability to work independently & capable of dealing with terminally ill patients.
- Virginia driver license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
A passion for people and end-of-life care, required. This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits and mileage reimbursement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For Complete Job Description Click Here
Categorised in: Employment