Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others?
We are a growing not-for-profit, community-based hospice in need of a Counselor On-Call interested in working with patients and families on a flextime basis. The Counselor serves as part of an interdisciplinary team providing continuity of hospice care during weeknights & weekends for the Roanoke & New River Valley area.
- Expediently respond to calls by telephone and visitation.
- Review on-call report daily to obtain current case information.
- Call or visit hospice patients & their caregivers to provide psychosocial support, counseling, crisis intervention, and bereavement services.
- Work closely with the Administrator On-call & notify of admissions, changes in continuous & level of care during on-call hours.
- Document on-call contacts electronically within 24 hours of patient contact.
- Submit an electronic summary of each shift’s activity.
- Carry & supply resource material and commonly executed forms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling required. (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in SW/Counseling in a healthcare setting. (Hospice experience preferred)
- Good computer skills & experience in electronic medical records.
- Current Virginia driver’s license & good driving record.
- Paid on-call hourly rate plus visits and mileage reimbursement.
If you want to make a difference with patients and families at a special time in life please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax to 540-776-0841.
For the Full Job Description Click Here
Categorised in: Employment