Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others?
We are a growing not-for-profit, community-based hospice in need of a Director of Patient Services to direct and supervise the delivery of nursing services to ensure quality patient care and maintain liaisons within the community.
- Coordinate & supervise the overall provision of care to hospice patients & families.
- Monitor and analyze work methods, scheduling, & staffing to assure a high level of consistent quality service, cost effectiveness, & employee satisfaction.
- Monitor compliance & quality improvement standards.
- Recruit, screen, orient, supervise, evaluate, & terminate staff.
- Assist with agenda development & facilitation of monthly staff meetings.
- Assist with acquiring physician’s orders for medication, equipment, & changes in level of care.
- Maintain accurate information pertinent to DME billing, patient supplies, outside service orders, out-patient & in-patient services, and office supplies.
- Develop & monitor annual budget for patient care services.
- Serve as liaison for the NRV community by participating in local professional organizations and working with community relations department to promote hospice.
- Current Virginia State Board of Nursing License.
- Bachelor Degree in nursing or willing to enroll in RN-BSN program & complete within 3 years.
- Hospice and/or palliative care experience and three years’ management experience in health related field.
- Currently certified in hospice & palliative nursing (CHPN) or willing to obtain certification within 2 years.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, & decision-making skills; excellent verbal & written communication, and networking skills.
- Good computer skills & experience in electronic medical records
- Emotionally mature & capable of dealing with terminally ill patients.
- Virginia driver license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Salaried position with benefits and mileage reimbursement.
If you want to make a difference with patients and families at a special time in life please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax to 540-776-0841.
Categorised in: Employment