We are a growing not-for-profit, community-based hospice in need of an Intake/ Medical Records Specialist for our Roanoke office to maintain patient records, provide assistance with referrals and admissions, and oversight of patient care information.
- Receive & promptly respond to requests for information & incoming referrals.
- Initiate electronic medical record (EMR) for new intakes & referrals and insure that EMR has all pertinent information.
- Obtain verbal certification from physicians for hospice care & document in the EMR for clinical & billing.
- Coordinate scheduling of visits for info only, sign-ups or admission.
- Prepare daily summary of referral & admissions activity.
- Assemble weekly team sheet materials for IDG meetings.
- Distribute & retrieve physician paperwork for signatures.
- Ensure that all information in the EMR is correct and up to date.
- Three years’ experience in healthcare setting required.
- Medical coding experience preferred.
- Excellent computer, electronic documentation, & communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple calls & contacts with attention to detail.
- Virginia Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Full-time Hourly position with benefits.
For more information please visit our website at www.goodsamhospice.org
Categorised in: Employment