Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others?
We are a growing not-for-profit, community-based hospice in need of a nurse coordinator for our Christiansburg location, to direct and supervise the delivery of nursing services to ensure quality care to patients and families when most needed.
- Identify staffing needs, and assist with recruiting, screening, & hiring of nursing staff.
- Supervise and evaluate nursing staff.
- Conduct monthly one-to-one meetings with staff to provide supervisory support & guidance.
- Assist Education Coordinator with development & implementation of orientation & in-service training programs.
- Oversee communication with patients, families, pharmacies, & physician offices.
- Oversee the coordination of patient care plans under the direction of the Medical Director & patient’s physician.
- Participate in preparing, facilitating, & leading IDT meetings.
- Assign nursing staff to each patient to promote effective & timely provision of care.
- Participate in Performance Improvements Projects & conduct chart audits.
- Order & maintain medical supplies as needed for patient care needs.
- Work with community healthcare faculty to provide education & observational experiences in hospice.
- Current Virginia State Board of Nursing License
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Hospice and/or palliative care experience required. Two years’ nursing management experience preferred.
- Currently certified in hospice & palliative nursing (CHPN) or willing to obtain certification within 2 years
- Good computer skills & experience in electronic medical records
- Emotionally mature & capable of dealing with terminally ill patients.
- Virginia driver license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Full-time salaried position with benefits and mileage reimbursement.
If you want to make a difference with patients and families at a special time in life please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Job Description Click Here
Categorised in: Employment